InsightLinks See the story clearly
Explore News Politics Sports Crime and Metro Local News Entertainment Uncategorized World News Education Osun News
Sports
Breaking

Just In: Dani Alves rape conviction overturned by Spanish court on appeal

The former Barcelona, PSG and Brazil international full back, Dani Alves was previously found guilty of sexual assault in a nightclub in Barcelona in 2022. The Spanish top court situated in Catalonia…

The former Barcelona, PSG and Brazil international full back, Dani Alves was previously found guilty of sexual assault in a nightclub in Barcelona in 2022.

The Spanish top court situated in Catalonia region has said they had found “inconsistencies and contradictions” in the original ruling.

Alves was found guilty in February 2024 of raping a woman in a Barcelona nightclub in December 2022.

He was sentenced to four-and-a-half years in prison, but was released in March 2024 on a €1m bail while waiting for his appeal to be heard.

The 41 years old denied wrongdoing during the three-day trial, claiming sex with the woman was consensual. Alves may now leave the country after the court lifted a travel ban.

The judges in the appeals court sitting in Catalonia haw agreed unanimously to overturn his conviction and said the testimony of the alleged victim lacked reliability

Dani Alves won numerous trophy with Barcelona especially his three Champions League trophy and a host of French Ligue 1 with PSG of France.

Advertisement


Story timeline

How this story developed

Story network

Understand the wider story

Connected reporting selected by topic, category and recency.

Continue exploring

Follow the wider story

Discover related reporting, current updates, and the latest stories from InsightLinks.

Latest stories → More in Sports
Published March 28, 2025
Share Facebook X