
Arsenal manager , Mikel Arteta has confirmed the availability of the star winger, Bukayo Saka who is ready to make his long-awaited return from injury after months on the sidelines.
The versatile England international has been out of action since December 2024. His last appearance was in the Premier League with 5-1 victory over Crystal Palace on December 21. Since then, Saka has spent several weeks on the sideline nursing his way back from a hamstring injury.
The 23 years old undergo a surgery after picking up an untimely muscle problem, but is now “ready to go” once more. He returns into the crucial stage of the season for the gunners, as they ready themselves for vital fixtures at home and abroad both in England and Europe.
Mikel Arteta when delivering an update on Saka ahead of a London derby game with Fulham said on Tuesday said: “Bukayo is ready to go. All the careful things are already done. Now it’s about getting him on the grass in the right moments. But he’s pushing. We’ve had to hold him back even. He’s a massive weapon. We know how important his contribution is to our success. It’s great to have him back.” When asked if Saka might even start, Arteta responded: “Yeah.”
While Saka is fighting his way back into full fitness, Arsenal lost defender Riccardo Calafiori to injury on an international duty with Italy. Arteta said: “Calafiori unfortunately picked up an injury with the national team. Unfortunate but lucky it wasn’t much worse. Hopefully a matter of weeks.”
Arsenal will play host to Fulham on Tuesday at Emirates Stadium, before heading to Goodison Park on Saturday to face Everton. The first leg of their heavyweight Champions League quarter-final clash with reigning kings of Europe Real Madrid will then take place in north London on April 8.