Katsina State is said to be one of the state’s that has been benefiting most from federal government projects and programs since 2015.
The President of the federal government of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari was born to a Fulani family on 17 December 1942, in Daura, Katsina State.
Since the beginning of his administration as the President of Nigeria in 2015, many development programs and projects has been going to the state.
Many projects have been completed with several still ongoing. Some are still being planned as sites have been allocated for them.
This are the lists of some of the projects the state benefited from the Buhari’s led administration:
1. Federal University of Transportation allocated to Daura, Katsina.
2. Completion of National Library Branch in the state.
3. Completion of Nigerian Air Force referral hospital.
4. Upgrade and expansion of Daura’s town mini stadium at the cost of N259m and the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) N84m centre that just graduated its first set of 100 students trained in various trades and skills.
5. Completion of Sabke Water Project, a 27-year-old abandoned project.
6. Kano – Daura Rail line extension.
7. Dualization of Kano-Katsina Road.
8. A 73km 132 KVA line was constructed from Katsina to Daura with addition to the commissioning of two 30 and 40 MVA transformers to boost power supply in Daura.
9. Continuation of 10MW Wind Power project in Lambar Rimi.
10. Zobe regional water project at the cost of N12.5Bn.
11. The building of schools for people with special needs has begun at the cost of N500m.
12. The Federal Polytechnic, Daura which has take off in January 2020 at its temporary site. 100 hectares of land has been provided for the permanent site.
As we can see this are big projects Katsina State benefited from Buhari’s led administration.
Katina state especially Daura, will be proud of their son bringing more development to the state.