UPDATED: My life is in serious danger – Lasun Yussuff

Labour Party governorship candidate, Lasun Yusuff

Former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives and Labour Party governorship candidate in the Osun election, Lasun Yusuff has raised alarm that his life is in danger.

Yusuff raised the alarm on Friday at his campaign office in Osogbo, the State capital.

The former lawmaker said his campaign team and office have been under several attacks in few days, stating that the latest was the attack on his campaign office on Thursday evening by some political hoodlums.

According to him, he has received intelligence that some political opponents are after his life, adding that he has received threats.

He also seized the opportunity to intimate the press and public about the ugly incident/attack to his Campaign office yesterday and some previous physical attacks to his person and his entourage in the past two weeks. All these ugly attacks on him personally and his campaign office point to the fact that his life and all others involved in his Gubernatorial Campaign in Osun are in “SERIOUS DANGER”.

Lasun said “happenings in recent times, particularly since we secured the ticket of the Labour Party to contest the July, 16th 2022 election in Osun State, there have been some unusual behavior by certain individuals and groups towards me and my Campaign Team”.

Lasun also gave an insight in the events that has been happening in past weeks. He said “last week, some group of Political thugs abruptly stopped my convoy threatening and warning me of several planned attacks if we refuse to back down/stop our Gubernatorial Campaign”.

” In fact, to put it straight I was told point blank that my life is in danger and that they will continue to trail me to attack me and also disrupt all my campaign activities and events anywhere in Osun State”.

Explaining the latest attack, Lasun Yussuff said “exactly 11pm yesterday, some political thugs numbering about eight stormed my Campaign office at Oraki Estate barely thirty minutes after we had all left for the day,the thugs came with cutlasses. guns and other weapons and descended on my Bill boards, signposts and windows of the gate house destroying everything in sight”.

“The Night Guard, who was the witness to the attacks came out to challenge them with all his might. He was however able to battle them causing them to run away. But this happened after they had destroyed everything outside the Campaign office while the Night Guard’s resistance prevented them from gaining entrance to the Campaign Office.

He, therefore, seized the opportunity to intimate the Public and the whole world that his Political Opponents have sponsored some thugs to be after his life and to disturb his Gubernatorial Campaign. The Security Operatives are hereby put on Red alert in this respect.

He stated here unequivocally that “nothing can stop my campaign and no threats can stop me from becoming Governor of Osun State come July 16th 2022”.

“Thuggery and hooliganism or employing violence to win election will not work this time around! Even using money will not”, he emphasised.

, ,

About Modupeola Showunmi

View all posts by Modupeola Showunmi →