InsightLinks See the story clearly
Explore News Politics Sports Crime and Metro Local News Entertainment Uncategorized World News Education Osun News
News
Breaking

JUST IN: FG reacts to CNN’s report on EndSARS, calls for sanction of CNN

  The Federal Government has reacted to the report of CNN on shooting at Lekki Toll Gate during the EndSARS protests last month. The Nigerian Government insists that there were no mass…

 

The Federal Government has reacted to the report of CNN on shooting at Lekki Toll Gate during the EndSARS protests last month.

The Nigerian Government insists that there were no mass killings at the Lekki toll gate contrary to the general belief.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, said this at a press conference in Abuja, the nation’s capital.

Mohammed said those who alleged massacre at the toll gate only succeeded in misleading the world.

He said while government awaits the outcome of the panel investigating the matter, “we can say that the world has just witnessed a massacre without bodies” in Lekki.

The minister insisted that the military did not shoot at protesters at the toll gate.

He asked anyone who has contrary proofs to make them available to the panel investigating the matter.

Mohammed said the government was satisfied with the way security agencies handled the protests.

The minister took a swipe at CNN for its piece on the Lekki incident, describing it as “blatantly irresponsible.”

He called for a sanction for the foreign media organisation but did not disclose where the sanction should come from.

Nigerian government has maintained that men of the army did not shoot at protesters on October 20.

Advertisement


Story timeline

How this story developed

Story network

Understand the wider story

Connected reporting selected by topic, category and recency.

Continue exploring

Follow the wider story

Discover related reporting, current updates, and the latest stories from InsightLinks.

Latest stories →
Published November 19, 2020
Share Facebook X