InsightLinks See the story clearly
Explore News Politics Sports Crime and Metro Local News Entertainment Uncategorized World News Education Osun News
News

Four of my children test positive for COVID-19 – Boss Mustapha

  Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Mr Boss Mustapha has revealed that four of his children tested positive for Coronavirus. Mustapha, who is the chairman of the presidential task…

 

Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Mr Boss Mustapha has revealed that four of his children tested positive for Coronavirus.

Mustapha, who is the chairman of the presidential task force on COVID-19, revealed this during a media briefing in Abuja in Monday December 21.

The SGF, who went into isolation last week after he was exposed to the virus, also said a one-year-old family member tested positive for the virus. While he and his wife tested negative for the virus, his children are currently receiving treatment.

He said; “The first test we ran, the result came back with six members within my household testing positive. The second test confirmed another three. From the month of March to November, we are being confronted with a figure of nine. It was quite a traumatic experience.

“My wife and I consistently tested negative but members of the household were infected. The last one, it was a nightmare. I was not infected but the truth about it, the agony of having members of your household… I am a father of four. All my four kids were infected.

“So, the agony that you go through even as a father, as a parent. A lot of you here are parents, so you need to do everything you can to ensure that you keep yourself and members of your family safe.”

On the increased cases of Coronavirus in the country, Mustapha blamed it on increased social gatherings and disregard for health protocols.

He said; “A lot of discussion is still going on around the calls for the restriction of international travels due to the discovery of new strains of the virus in certain countries,” he said.

“The PTF, aviation and health authorities including the WHO are assessing the situation closely and would take a position as soon as cogent scientific basis are established.”

Advertisement


Story timeline

How this story developed

Story network

Understand the wider story

Connected reporting selected by topic, category and recency.

Continue exploring

Follow the wider story

Discover related reporting, current updates, and the latest stories from InsightLinks.

Latest stories →
Published December 22, 2020
Share Facebook X