InsightLinks See the story clearly
Explore News Politics Sports Crime and Metro Local News Entertainment Uncategorized World News Education Osun News
Breaking
Breaking

JUST IN: ISIS second in command killed by US, Nigerian military – Trump announces

US and Nigerian forces yesterday, Friday, May 15, 2026, killed a senior ISIS commander believed to be the second most dreaded terrorist in the world. US President Donald Trump broke the news…

US and Nigerian forces yesterday, Friday, May 15, 2026, killed a senior ISIS commander believed to be the second most dreaded terrorist in the world.

US President Donald Trump broke the news in a Truth Social post late Friday ET.

“Tonight, at my direction, brave American forces and the Armed Forces of Nigeria flawlessly executed a meticulously planned and very complex mission to eliminate the most active terrorist in the world from the battlefield,” Trump said.

A CNN report says that the US President named the target as “Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, second in command of ISIS globally,” adding, “He will no longer terrorize the people of Africa, or help plan operations to target Americans.”

As per CNN: “It is not the first fatal strike Trump has ordered on alleged Islamic State militants in Nigeria, who he has accused of persecuting Christians in the West African country.

“In December, Trump said he had directed a “powerful and deadly strike against ISIS” in northwestern Nigeria, who he said had been killing innocent Christians.”

Advertisement


Story timeline

How this story developed

Story network

Understand the wider story

Connected reporting selected by topic, category and recency.

Continue exploring

Follow the wider story

Discover related reporting, current updates, and the latest stories from InsightLinks.

Latest stories → More in Breaking
Published May 16, 2026
Share Facebook X