InsightLinks See the story clearly
Explore News Politics Sports Crime and Metro Local News Entertainment Uncategorized World News Education Osun News
News
Breaking

BREAKING: Buhari Says EndSARS Protesters Wanted To Remove Him As President

  President Muhammadu Buhari has claimed that last year’s EndSARS protests against police brutality, were aimed at removing him from office. Buhari stated this while appearing on Arise TV on Thursday morning.…

 

President Muhammadu Buhari has claimed that last year’s EndSARS protests against police brutality, were aimed at removing him from office.

Buhari stated this while appearing on Arise TV on Thursday morning.

He also blamed the protests on the dwindling inflow of foreign direct investment to the country.

The president insisted that those who participated in the protests have made Nigeria unattractive to investors.

READ ALSO: Ijede Road: Baba Suwe, 454 Other Property Owners Get ₦2.2 Billion Compensation

Buhari was asked how he can improve foreign direct investment (FDI) to Nigeria.

In response he said: “This question was answered last year when there was the #EndSARS protest last year. You remember the young people that wanted to march here and remove me?”

The president added: “Tell the young people to behave themselves and make the country safe, then we can attract real investors to the country”.

(Newsonlineng)

Advertisement


Story timeline

How this story developed

Story network

Understand the wider story

Connected reporting selected by topic, category and recency.

Continue exploring

Follow the wider story

Discover related reporting, current updates, and the latest stories from InsightLinks.

Latest stories →
Published June 10, 2021
Share Facebook X