Crime and Metro Gunmen kill woman, daughter, abduct three at Ondo poultry farm Kudirat Ogunlayi April 10, 2026 Suspected gunmen have killed a woman and her daughter during an attack on a poultry farm in Igushi community near Akure, while abducting three other workers. The incident, which occurred on Thursday, has heightened security concerns in the area, with residents calling for increased protection in rural communities. Attack on Poultry Farm Sources said the assailants gained access to the farm by scaling the perimeter fence before attempting to abduct workers. A resident, who spoke anonymously, said the attackers were about five in number and opened fire during the operation. “The gunmen came through the fence… Later, we found the woman who owns the poultry and her daughter dead,” the source said. The attackers reportedly abducted three workers before fleeing the scene. Rescue Efforts Security operatives, including personnel of Ondo State Police Command and the Amotekun Corps, were alerted and swiftly mobilised to the area. Community sources said some of the abducted victims were later rescued during a coordinated operation. Police React The Police Public Relations Officer, Abayomi Jimoh, confirmed the incident and condemned the attack. “The Command strongly condemns the heinous, violent incident… which led to the tragic loss of two innocent lives,” he said. Jimoh assured residents that efforts were ongoing to apprehend the perpetrators and that additional security measures had been put in place to safeguard lives and property. Rising Concerns The latest incident adds to growing concerns over insecurity in parts of Ondo State, particularly around Akure and neighbouring communities. Residents have repeatedly called for strengthened security presence, as attacks and abductions continue to pose threats to lives and livelihoods in the region. Advertisement Tags: Amotekun rescue victims gunmen kidnap workers Ondo Igushi poultry farm killings insecurity Ondo State Ondo attack Akure Post navigation Previous Previous post: Barcelona Face Selection Dilemma Ahead of Espanyol Derby and Atletico ClashNext Next post: Real Madrid Dismiss Reports of Plans to Appoint Sporting Director Leave a Reply Cancel replyYour email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *Comment * Name * Email * Website Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Related News Crime and Metro Man shot dead, body thrown into Lagos Lagoon May 19, 2026 0 Crime and Metro BBNaija’s Ilebaye moved into protective custody, father remains detained – Police May 11, 2026 0